Need to enroll someone in your Brightspace/D2L course?
If so, the following 30-second video will show you how. The video does not have narration but it does have subtitles. To enable/disable the subtitles, click the CC symbol (found at the bottom right corner of the screen after you start playing the video).
Video: How to Enroll D2L Users (MOV, 26″)
The following are some of the most common roles available at our institution:
- Instructor: this is the course faculty member’s role; instructors have full read/write access to all course functions
- Lecturer: suitable for a guest speaker; has content/assignments read/write privileges but does not see the gradebook
- TA: appropriate for a teaching assistant
- Grade: has read/write privileges in any content, assignments, and grading
- Cannot Grade: same as above but does not see grades
- Librarian: appropriate for the college’s embedded librarian.
For more details on these and other roles, see your college’s embedded instructional systems analyst.
I’d love to hear from you; please leave a comment with your thoughts this post and anything else you’d like me to discuss relating to Brighstpace/D2L enrollments.