I believe that I live in a friendly universe, where positivity breeds more positivity. I am a citizen of the world who draws energy from empowering others to reach their full potential. While I humbly acknowledge that I do not and cannot know everything, I work tirelessly to improve myself in all aspects and make up in will and effort where I lack in talent. I am concerned with the collective good and treat everyone as a full and equal human being. I am passionate about the dynamics of 21st century teaching and learning, particularly in the online-education realm, where I have always advocated for quality.
I value creativity, honesty, fairness, courage, compassion, and diversity.
One of my greatest teachers used to love the following quote: “when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”. My vision, therefore, is to be a transformational leader that guides organizations, groups, and individuals into looking at things in a way that transforms them into the best versions of themselves.
My mission is threefold:
- to design and deliver instruction so that it produces meaningful growth in those who learn with and from me
- to steer those I lead toward using facts and doing the right thing
- and to bring about positive changes in the lives of those I serve.
As an instructional designer, my mission is to collaborate with faculty members to produce effective, efficient, and engaging learning experiences (at the document, lesson, course, certificate, and program level) while continuously improving the quality of instructional designs to meet or exceed nationally recognized standards.
As an instructional designer, my main, ongoing goals are to:
- strike a balance between maximizing the students’ learning experience and
minimizing the faculty’s time through personalized instructional design and technology choices
- add value to online instruction by enhancing student-student and student-faculty interaction
- bring a high-quality, Augusta University signature look to all online courses
- meet and/or exceed nationally recognized eLearning quality standards
- create instruction compliant with current federal/state copyright and accessibility laws as well as SACS and subject-specific accreditation standards.